West Fargo is a city in Cass County, North Dakota, United States. It is, as of the 2017 Census Estimates, the fifth largestcity in the state of North Dakota with a population estimated at 35,708, and it is one of the state’s fastest growing cities. West Fargo was founded in 1926. The city is part of the Fargo-Moorhead, ND-MN Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- West Fargo has been a Tree City for over 30 years. Tree City USA requirements include “maintaining a tree board or department, having a community tree ordinance, spending at least $2 per capita on urban forestry and celebrating Arbor Day”.
- In 2011, West Fargo was recognized as a Playful City USA by KaBOOM!. “Playful City USA is a national recognition program sponsored by the Humana Foundation, honoring cities and towns that champion efforts to make play a priority through establishing policy initiatives, infrastructure investments and innovative programming”.
- In 2015, West Fargo was named one of North Dakota’s five safest cities according to The Safewise Report which uses FBI Crime Report data to rank the safest cities
- In 2016, West Fargo Public Library was named North Dakota’s Amazing Library by MSN.com
The West Fargo community supports businesses through the city of West Fargo and The Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber of Commerce. The city of West Fargo supports business owners through The West Fargo Economic Development Advisory Committee, West Fargo Economic Development Department and City Assessor’s Office. The Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber of Commerce is a bi-state organization representing over 2,000 firms and 94,000 people. The Chamber supports its members through “advocacy, education, and engagement”.
Technology companies with West Fargo locations, include:
- Applied Industrial Technologies
- BNG Technologies
- Data Technologies Inc.
- High Point Networks
- Network Center Communications
- Norse Technologies
- Razor Tracking
- Red Chair Solutions
- Digital Famous Media
Annual West Fargo events include:
- Big Iron, an annual event located at the West Fargo Fairgrounds, features farm equipment and over 900 exhibit booths. Over 87,000 attendees took part in the three-day Big Iron in 2013.
- Bonanzaville Pioneer Days includes a parade, food, demonstrations and tours.
- Hamfest an annual event located at the West Fargo Fairgrounds, features presentations and equipment for sale.
- Nite to Unite, hosted by the West Fargo Police Department, is an annual community summer event. Past activities have included Police, Fire, FM Ambulance and Military demonstrations, free food, face painting, mascots and community service display booths.
- Red River Valley Fair includes entertainment, arts and crafts shows, livestock, fireworks and a petting zoo.
- The West Fargo Public Library hosts its Summer Reading Program to encourage reading for children, teens, and adults.
- The West Fargo Shakers holds an annual New Year’s Eve Party on December 31, all proceeds benefit the Back Pack Program.
- West Fest, held in September, is a community event for all ages, including a softball tournament, a pancake feed, a parade, and firefighter’s ball.
To learn more visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Fargo,_North_Dakota